Start Flying Today!
Forms and Required Documentation for Membership:
To apply for membership to the American Aero Club:
IN ORDER TO FLY WE MUST HAVE ALL DOCUMENTS RECEIVED PRIOR TO SCHEDULING FLIGHTS.
IT WILL BE YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED ALL DOCUMENTS PRIOR TO FLYING ANY AIRCRAFT.
All information must be emailed to :
After filling out application, the very first step to becoming an Aero club member is that Tim McConnell will be in contact with you. This will determine your eligibility for becoming a part of the Aero Club. Tim can be also reached through email@example.com
Fill out the Membership Application
- Click here to fill out the online AAC Membership Application or CLICK HERE to bring up a .pdf copy, the application can be viewed in Acrobat Reader, signed and sent back via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can mail it back to American Aero Club 1115 State Park Rd, Greenville, SC 29609, please mark clearly on the outside envelope “AMERICAN AERO CLUB”
- Fully read and sign American Aero Club Rules v1.21 (This is is a .pdf that must be signed!) you can fill out and sign the .pdf within Acrobat Reader and email this back via email@example.com or you can print and sign it). You can mail it back to American Aero Club 1115 State Park Rd, Greenville, SC 29609, please mark clearly on the outside envelope “AMERICAN AERO CLUB”
Payment for application and other charges will be made upon receipt of application.
Submit a photo copy or cell phone picture of:
- Driver’s License or State ID (front and back)
- Pilot Certificate (front and back)
- Medical Certificate
- All Endorsements (complex, most recent flight review, etc.)
- Proof of Renters Insurance
- PLEASE NOTE: Rental Insurance MUST include hull coverage for a minimum of $80,000 (effective 08/01/2018)
All information can be emailed:
For more information call
(864) 712-0007 or (888) 953-9210
For photo copies please send as .jpeg, or .pdf attachment.
An application such as Microsoft Office Lens on your smartphone is a great way to capture images to send to us for inclusion into your account.
Renters insurance is REQUIRED for membership in the American Aero Club. Aviation renters insurance covers the cost of your deductible in case if anything should ever happen. A list of some well-known insurance providers is below:
- Southwest Aviation
- EBCO Insurance
- Avemco Renters Insurance
- Travers Insurance
- AIG Info for Renters Insurance
For a little extra information regarding insurance check out this article: Aviation Consumer Insurance
Aviation Medical Examiners
There is now a new ruling from the FAA regarding medicals to fly. Please click here for the latest.
For student pilots, in order to complete your very first solo flight, you will be required to obtain a Third Class Medical from an Aviation Medical Examiner. Listed below is just a few local to this area to help you get started! The examiners also require to fill out this application on Medxpress prior to your appointment.